North Vancouver Based
Valor Fireplaces has been a household name in the Fireplace industry since 1977. We are experiencing significant growth and are looking for a unique individual to support their growing supply chain and logistics requirements. We are looking for an experienced analytical thinker who can work with the management team to increase forecasting accuracy while looking at ways to be bottom line focused.
The Supply Chain/Procurement Manager will be responsible for forecasting material requirements and working with a team to transact day to day purchasing. The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and will be instrumental in driving excellence within the organization.
[/av_textblock] [av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’20’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-fat’ custom_width=’50%’ custom_border_color=’#ccdb2a’ custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=’#818c95′ icon=’uf219′ font=’fontellocrown’] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
- Maintain and edit system generated purchase orders to optimize inventory to their 6 distribution warehouses.
- Use financial modelling and demand forecasting tools (Syspro ERP system) to accurately anticipate the optimal inventory levels to maintain at all warehouses.
- Analyzing sales patterns over the last 3 years recommend improvements to North America warehouse locations.
- Work with existing and new freight companies to optimize delivery and cost related to the movement of product to dealer locations.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant team members to understanding product mix, trending and purchasing requirements.
- Develop and maintain procurement purchasing policy and process consistent with best industry practice.
- Day to day interaction with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply of quality products at optimum cost.
- Build relationships with suppliers to position our client as a preferred customer.
- Conduct contract negotiations, market analysis, and lead procurement projects and associated implementations, including contract performance.
- Provide subject matter expertise in value creation, cost savings documentation and tracking.
- Manage staff in the coordination of inter-Branch shipping logistics and service provider management.
- Conduct detailed spend analysis and benchmarking; evaluate market and competitive conditions to recommend robust procurement strategies to the GM.
- Develop cost savings targets based on aggressive, data backed, realistic and forward-looking goals of the business.
- Offer technical expertise and mentorship to the purchasing team including purchasers, inventory control professionals and warehouse personnel.
- Purchase orders are produced in consistent reliable and accurate fashion.
- Par levels of stock are maintained and in the required locations.
- Purchasing, Inventory and Warehouse best practices are implemented and consistently utilized.
- Procurement policy and procedures are documented.
- Organizational cost savings and KPI’s are achieved and tracked.
- Supply levels are optimized to ensure product availability without excess inventory at all warehouses.
- Reduce the distribution and carrying costs on product.
- Procurement, Supply Chain or other Business-related degree coupled with a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience.
- Knowledge of Syspro ERP software preferred.
- Completion of professional designation as a Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Understanding of procurement and inventory performance metrics and KPIs.
- Highly proficient computer skills with exceptional Microsoft Office capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of personalities and build relationships across the organization.
- Team-player mindset with high level of dedication to raising the bar for the whole team.