Reporting to the President, the Retail Operations Manager provides leadership and motivation to the retail stores by building relationships based on trust and integrity, and ensuring collaboration and teamwork is fostered throughout the company. The Retail Operations Manager works within policies established by the senior leadership team and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company, in alignment with its mission, vision and values to develop long-term stability for all regions.
The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for carrying out the yearly operational targets while staying within budget. The core responsibilities of the Retail Operations Manager are to oversee the ongoing operations of The Fishin’ Hole and strive to fulfill the vision of the key stakeholders to maintain and further our mission through the goals set in the strategic plan.
The Retail Operations Manager holds a key leadership position in the company and, as such, assumes complete responsibility for carrying out stakeholder assigned policies and day-to-day operations of all 5 retail stores. The Retail Operations Manager will maintain responsibility for the management of finances and all staff and external consultants.
The Retail Operations Manager will be tasked with ensuring that all warehousing, store promotions, supplier agreements and retail processes are aligned with the overall vision.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures store performance meets financial targets and key metrics based on annual and quarterly operating plan(s).
- Continually monitors and sets the pace of work.
- Understands company objectives, local market potential and analyzes and act on key metrics, observations, and information.
- Inspects sales floor for shop ability and merchandising standards and ensures a positive customer experience at all points of interaction.
- Prioritizes and directs team member activity.
Leadership and Development
- Leads, directs, and supervises the work of supervisor(s) and retail sales floor team members.
- Plans staffing needs and coordinates recruitment, selection, and training.
- Regularly interacts, trains, coaches, and counsels the supervisors and team members. Provides recognition and candid feedback. Addresses complaints and solves issues.
- Identifies and develops high potential team members for supervisory and management positions through on-the-job, guided work.
- Role models and maintains a respectful, values-driven workplace that adheres to all Policies and Procedures.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, fulfills their responsibilities and oversees the entire store as acting Store Manager.
Retail and CDC Operations
- Informs team members of operating plan targets and progress against targets.
- Monitors sales, items sold and operations labor hours regularly throughout each shift to ensure efficiency targets are met and determines the need to increase, decrease or reassign staffing.
- Identifies sub-standard departments and categories and acts for resolution.
- Receives and responds to customer questions, requests, and complaints.
- Actively engages with the store managers by seeking first-hand customer feedback to make improvements to all aspects of the shopping experience.
- Implements the set-up of sales and marketing promotions and programs.
Safety, Loss Prevention & Cash/Tender Control
- Maintains a safe work environment through education, consistent follow up and by ensuring policies and procedures are in adherence.
- Partners with Store Manager on safety issues and solutions.
- Protects company assets and information by ensuring safe handling, security, and integrity.
- Manages cash and tender controls.
- Proactively promotes loss prevention awareness by upholding procedures and ensuring policies are in place.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record of success in progressive management and leadership experience, preferably with multi-store oversight.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, mission driven and effective communicator who is committed to making a difference in our community. They will possess significant experience representing an organization that strives to offer world-class customer service.
There will be 20-30% travel expected so successful candidate will have to have reliable transportation and clean drivers’ abstract.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Solid business acumen combined with familiarity with the sector.
- Knowledge of relevant sport fishing and is an avid outdoor enthusiast.
- Experience with resource development would be considered an asset.
- Experience in identifying, creating, nurturing, and developing relevant partnerships.
- Project Management experience.
- Change Management experience.
- Proven track record working successfully as part of a senior leadership team.
- Demonstrated interest in continuing professional development.