Wesbell is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and to support budget and forecasting activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports.
- Assist senior management in budgeting/forecasting and strategic planning.
- Respond to inquiries from Senior Management and companywide managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining high level of accuracy.
- Reconcile GL accounts against Sub ledger.
- Develop and implement new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Working with Auditors to complete year end government reporting.
- Assuming any other assigned and related tasks as directed.
Job Requirements & Experience:
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in accounting
- A professional accounting designation is an asset (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA)
- Minimum 5-8 years prior experience as a middle manager in a financial or other business services field
- Must have strong verbal and communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Must pay attention to detail and able to prioritize.
- Must have ability to multitask in high demand environment.
- Intermediate working knowledge of various windows software packages (i.e. Word, Excel)
Wesbell is a company that has aggressive growth plans; we are looking for a forward thinker that can add to the strategic direction of the finance team. We are offering a very competitive base salary, group benefits, matching RRP and the ability to join an industry leader. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.