[/av_heading] [/av_one_half] [av_one_half min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=”] [av_image src=’https://crownjewelrecruitment.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/valor.jpg’ attachment=’1095′ attachment_size=’full’ align=’left’ styling=” hover=” link=” target=” caption=” font_size=” appearance=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’][/av_image] [/av_one_half][av_hr class=’custom’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-fat’ custom_width=’50%’ custom_border_color=’#ccdb2a’ custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=’#818c95′ icon=’uf219′ font=’fontellocrown’] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”] POSITION:
Miles Industries Ltd (MIL), is an industry leader within the manufacturing and distribution of home gas fireplaces across North America and have been in business since 1977. They have established deep channels of distribution for the Valor brand that leverages the complexity of installation to position themselves as a preferred brand for several vendors. We are currently looking for a General Manager to oversee all aspects of the business and its segments. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors the successful incumbent will be responsible for Finance and Operations, Sales and Marketing, New Product Development, Customer Service and Production and Engineering. Two prime areas of focus include: creating a long-term positive and productive work environment for all employees as well as meeting and/or exceeding performance goals for the long-term business stability of the company.
[/av_textblock] [av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’20’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-fat’ custom_width=’50%’ custom_border_color=’#ccdb2a’ custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=’#818c95′ icon=’uf219′ font=’fontellocrown’] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”] Key Role Responsibilities:
- Lead the ongoing development of a professional and achievement focused workforce and culture.
- Design and lead corporate strategic change initiatives across the organization.
- Maximize the organization’s ability to achieve strategic goals.
- Provide strong leadership and management to all the segments within Miles Industries.
- Provide the board of directors with timely and accurate advice relating to current market trends, competitor initiatives and new product development.
Sales and Marketing
- Work closely with Director of Sales to improve, develop and implement proven sales and estimating strategies and techniques.
- Work closely with senior management to leverage and share best practices while continually leveraging relationships and alignment strategies to service existing dealer network and prospective accounts.
- Create and implement a new CRM tool for sales representatives to utilize to properly capture current market trends, dealer contacts and pricing strategy.
- Be able to discuss, define and improve sales issues to meet customer’s delivery needs and expectations.
Finance and Operations
- Manage the business in a profitable and positive manner through full P&L responsibility.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure and talent.
- Report financial results to Board Members.
- Insure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Oversee daily operations of Miles Industries.
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree-Business or Engineering preferred.
- 8-10 years progressive management experience, with oversight of multiple units with P&L responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years leadership and supervisory, operations and customer service experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Distribution and Manufacturing.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Detailed approach to key performance indicators (e.g. sales targets, financial results quality of services / products for customers and customer feedback)
- Great leadership skills that will inspire others
- Ability to set and communicate performance goals
- Foster an environment of accountability and commitment
- Excellent customer service and negotiating skills
- High degree of accountability that is visible internally and externally
- Strategic, results driven approach that leads to continued financial growth for the organization
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
- Outstanding problem-solving capability coupled with sound business and financial acumen
- A passion for inspiring and motivating teams with proven track record of coaching, developing and mentoring staff; and excellent communication skills including the ability to adapt style and content to meet the needs of the audience being served.
Miles Industries is offering a very competitive base salary, performance bonus, vehicle allowance and the opportunity to revitalize and grow a very successful business. The successful incumbent will be a strategic thinker, lead and develop the current staff and exhibit the core values that have made Mile Industries a preferred vendor in the radiant gas fireplace market. Please send cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org