We are currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our clients’ team in Vancouver, BC and perform all tasks required to construct wireless equipment fully civilly on rooftop and tower environments. Directly reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the successful candidate will oversee several crews and dedicate themselves to projects across Alberta and BC.
- Complete ALL jobs/projects to the allocated budgets which will come from PMO or sales. If the job/project cannot be completed in the allocated budgeted hours, it’s the responsibility of the Construction Manager to flag the job and report in detail to sales the reasons why the job/project cannot be completed to the assigned budget
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review all job documentation and produce consolidated scope of work (SOW) for the crews
- Work with PM group to schedule all projects in alignment with customer priority
- Work with warehouse coordinators to ensure staged materials are complete and verified for deployment
- Approve field workers hours and expenses
- Provide invoicing details for maintenance work completed
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials, and equipment
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Ensure that crews send daily reports as to project/budget status
- Forward Planning to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Prepare customer specific installation material BOM(s)
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- College, High School diploma, General Education Degree (GED), Vocational or Technical Training preferred
- Minimum 5 Years' experience as a Tower Technician Foreman in wireless construction
- Management training courses an asset
- RF Safety Awareness
- First Aid / CPR Certified
- Fall Arrest Training, Authorized Climber Training, Competent Climber/Tower Rescue Training, Aerial Rescue Training, Rigging Techniques Training, Swing Stage Certification, Ladder Safety Training, WHMIS / Hazard Communications, Electrical Awareness Training, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training, Proper Lifting Techniques Training, Slips, Trips and Falls,
- Occupational Health and Safety for Supervisors and Managers
- Proven working experience in construction management.
- Related leadership experience with construction processes, procedures, and methods.
- Experience with directing the activities of all aspects of constructions (Mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural)
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings, piping diagrams, job specifications, mounting specs, testing procedures.
- Strong understanding of all the safety standards and procedures that must be followed on all job site
- Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management, problem solving and problem avoidance skills
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- May be required to travel and work weekends, nights if required by customer
- Must be able to clear a background check, drug test and have a valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- Familiarity with construction management software packages, as well as general working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English written and oral
We are in serious growth mode so there are several opportunities to join the leadership team and support the growth throughout Western Canada. If you are currently in a Foreman/PM role and looking for that next step in your career, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.