With an uncompromising focus on providing the most technologically advanced medical diagnostic equipment for clinical laboratory markets, our client is a leading player in the Histology, Chemistry, and Immunology field. We are seeking a Technical Application Specialist to provide service, support and training of their product line to clients in the Vancouver Area. Directly reporting to the Associate Director of National Service the successful candidate will represent the PSAT team throughout Western Canada.
- Professionally and confidently represent our client’s products to our customers, suppliers and within the industry, with peers, competitors, and industry
- Work as an effective member of the PSAT Team to support existing customers with technical and troubleshooting needs for key instrumentation in the defined areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology and
- Conduct customer training for the instrumentation areas defined above.
- Using current and on-going medical laboratory training skills, support existing customer needs and troubleshooting for assays and methods not strictly tied to the instrumentation above.
- Install new instrumentation at customer sites for the areas defined above, either in conjunction with Service Engineers/Representatives or independently as
- Expand customer utilization of instrumentation by assisting the sales team with adding assays, expanding menu, increasing test volumes and utilization of available
- Complete all internal reporting responsibilities promptly and completely as
- Provide prompt telephone and on-site response to assigned service & support calls.
- Effectively support accounts within an assigned geographic territory (Western Canada, primarily BC) and provide technical support in other territories as
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Medical Laboratory Technology diploma or
- Bachelor of Science: Molecular and Cellular Biology or equivalent an
- 5+ years of experience working in a medical laboratory
- Language: English Fluent with good communication skills (written and oral). French an asset.
- Strong analytical
- Strong problem-solving skills with a bias for
- Customer service
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning, the ability to adapt and work
- Accountability for assigned tasks and customer
- A strong “business owner”
- A positive
- An ability to work well and collaborate in a team
- A strong ability to handle
- Well organized, detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-moving
- Ability to travel within Region/within Canada with little or no notice.
- Ability to travel internationally for training/conferences.
- A complete and practical understanding of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- AX and SharePoint would be an
- Supervisory, sales or public speaking experience would be an asset.
- An ease with computer and networking understanding would be an asset.