As Chief Financial Officer, you will join the dynamic Executive Team of a Group of Companies to administer the highest level of fiscal responsibility within a fast paced and growing telecommunications organization. The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player, demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, who is effective working collaboratively with all departments to ensure the companies stay on track with financial goals and targets.
If you are eager to join an energetic organization that is looking to the future in everything they do AND you want to live in an amazing rural environment close to the mountains - this opportunity may be the career of a lifetime.
Roles & Responsibilities
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Reports to CEO and is a member of the leadership team.
- Participate in Weekly, Quarterly and Annual EOS Leadership Team meetings.
- Lead, Management and Accountability (LMA) for all financial and all other CFO function roles.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization’s budgets and forecasts.
- Contribute to the visioning of the companies long-term then shorter-term goals.
- Participate in decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Ensure strong relationships with external banking, accounting, and other financial service partners.
- Analysis and minimization of company financial risks and liabilities.
- Support department Managers on budgeting, margin analysis and department planning.
Forecasting, Budgeting and Financial Analysis
- Financial reporting by company and critical department operations.
- Review and analyze current financial results and provide improvement recommendations.
- Analysis of new business initiatives, products and/or service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budgets and annual company operating budgets.
- Analyze and qualify the company’s growth and expansion plans.
Accounting, Administration and Operations
- Ensure software and systems are functioning accurately and efficiently.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal financial controls.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Accurate and timely financial statements.
- Accurate and timely filing and payment of all relevant government agency taxes.
Month-end closing activities including GL’s, balance sheets and overhead cost allocation;
- Analyze and improve financial systems, policies, processes, and controls.
- Identify, onboard, coach and LMA for accounting team members.
Financial and Cash Management
- Cash flow projections, planning and management.
- Oversee investments and other business assets.
- Ensure accurate and Timely AR/AP functions within Finance department.
- CPA Designation.
- 7+ years of proven experience as CFO, Director or Finance, Financial Officer, or comparable role; strategic planning and execution and partnering with a leadership team.
- Experience with a variety of ERP Systems.
- Experience working with multiple banking and accounting organizations.
- Telecommunications and/or Construction experience considered an asset.
- High level of skill with IT and technology services and systems; - Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.