The Senior Estimator reports directly to the Chief Estimator in our clients Buildings group and will be responsible for performing all facets of a commercial works estimate including quantities, costing and sub-trade analysis for presentation and final review of major items. This position will direct the work activities of other Estimators as required. We are looking for the best of the best and offer long term opportunities and advancement.
- Be responsible for all estimating aspects of the Tendering Process, including take offs
- Adapt toward estimating building construction on a project basis
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
- Provide detailed knowledge of market labour and equipment rates
- Prepare detailed estimates by calculating complete take-off scope of work
- Prepare final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current and accurate information on prices from suppliers
- Civil, Structural, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- 15 or more years estimating experience in a medium to large general contractor, working on commercial/buildings and/or small civil estimating projects $5m-30m in value, including schools, office buildings, retail, etc.
Our client is offering a very competitive base salary, full benefits, profit sharing and access to an employee owned environment. They have consistently been recognized as one of Canada’s top 50 best managed companies and have projects nationally. If you are interested please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.