We are representing one of Canada’s premier turnkey solution providers to the telecommunications segment. Our client provides engineering services, wireless construction, and installation & network integrations. We are looking for a Warehouse Manager to oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the facility. The successful incumbent will benefit from understanding warehouse lay-outs and creating efficiencies in inventory controls and material procurement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the reception, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of warehouse.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Plan, direct and coordinate accurate and timely receipt of incoming goods
- Oversee the final product order inspection process ensuring a proactive approach - the order meets customer requirements, and required documentation and certification is included.
- Ensure accurate and real-time inventory transactions
- Develop and implement cycle count plans in conjunction with accounting team to maintain accurate inventory
- Directly supervise warehouse staff and work with the Human Resources Team for all aspects of personnel management - recruiting, training, mentoring, coaching and performance management.
- Establish and implement key metrics (KPIs) to measure effectiveness of warehouse management programs.
- Generate timely reports for management review with Senior Operations Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
- SCMP designation or equivalent. Not Mandatory.
- 3-5 years of warehouse management experience in a high energy environment in a leadership role, working in a mature ERP environment.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork abilities. Must be able to manage a cohesive team, understanding and supporting each person in their role and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and personnel.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver solutions on time and on budget, while generating superior results.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing teams with a history of success.
We are looking for an individual that is entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The opportunity comes with a competitive base salary, full benefits, RRP plan, and potential bonus. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.