We are currently working with an industry leader in New Home Construction and are looking for an energetic and capable Divisional Accountant. Reporting to Operations Controller, the Divisional Accountant’s primary responsibility is to provide full cycle job cost accounting with timely and accurate financial reporting to monitor the performance of the division.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and processes various aspects of divisional accounting including but not limited to: inter-company transactions, project soft-cost allocations, cost accruals, hold-back monitoring, review of work-in-progress construction activity transactions and closing transaction activities.
- Coordinate with the Operations Controller to ensure that a complete and accurate review of all projects is completed monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures to ensure that reporting systems accurately report the results of a division in a timely manner.
- Develop strong working relationships with Accounts Payable and Project Managers in order to facilitate timely and accurate project cost reporting.
- Preparation and on-going monitoring of land payment schedules and commitments.
- Project set-up in NewStar (accounting system)
- Monthly review of divisional Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable balances.
- Prepare and review all journal entries and working papers associated with month end, quarter end and year end reviews.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly divisional reporting packages for review by Project Managers and Senior Executive Management.
- Assist with the development of project budgets and building budgets, as required.
- Upload project budgets into NewStar (accounting system) and prepare variance analysis of actual to budget results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare and present general ad hoc reports and information requirements for Project Managers and Senior Executives.
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA).
- Minimum 3 years post-designation experience relating to financial reporting and particularly project accounting.
- Consideration will be given to candidates that bring experience in lieu of educational designations.
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience using NewStar is an asset.
We are offering a very competitive base salary, financial bonuses, full benefits and the opportunity to join an award winning company. Please send resume in confidence to mark@crownjewelrecruitment.