Our client is currently opening operations in the Canadian marketplace and are looking for a Marketing Manager to oversee all aspects of the marketing department. This role is responsible for the overall development and execution of the Americas marketing strategy to drive growth. Success factors include managing the marketing budget and delivery of all marketing activities and plans on time and to budget. This position will have one direct report, the marketing coordinator as well as one indirect report, the Sales Team Supervisor.
- Deliver budgeted sales and revenue targets for all North American source markets including the US, Canada and Latin America.
- Conceive, manage and implement marketing plans and budgets for the US source market, ensuring that these are in line with the global brand and marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement marketing activities to drive brand and product awareness amongst new customer segments.
- Work with Global Online team to ensure web and eCommerce activities (email, website updates, online advertising, SEO, PPC and online partnerships) are incorporated into the plan for a truly integrated approach.
- Ensure appropriate customer segments are targeted through a wide range of marketing activities and that significant focus is placed on new customer acquisition.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns for the US source market, evaluating all results.
- Oversee and develop press releases, ads, direct mail, email, web content, newsletters and other marketing material, working alongside marketing services to ensure alignment with brand visual and verbal identity.
- Manage the design, fulfilment and production of all US marketing collateral, working alongside the global creative team.
- Coordinate PR activity including, press trips, press release creation and distribution, and reporting. Build relationships with key trade and consumer journalists.
- Liaise with external partners to identify and drive collaborative marketing opportunities.
- Be a main point of contact at boat shows, maximizing opportunities for new customer acquisition, and continually seeking ways to improve our presence, or exploit other event opportunities.
- Fluent in English and French Canadian also desirable.
- 5 years’ experience in online and offline marketing, including print, direct mail, social media and email marketing.
- Experience of managing teams and direct reports, with excellent leadership skills.
- Evidence of campaign management, including successful new customer acquisition initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and can demonstrate how insights have driven ongoing improvements in marketing activity.
- Experience of managing marketing budgets and communication plans.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills, presentation, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize tasks efficiently and consistently in fast-paced environment.
- A passion for travel and ability to travel to destinations featured.
Our client is offering a competitive base salary as well as the opportunity to join a company that is growing in a new market. The opportunity will allow the successful candidate to grow market share in Canada, US as well as Latin America. If the above speaks to your skill sets please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.