Our client is a supplier of thermoplastic products designed for use in corrosion resistant fluid processing systems. Their product offering comes from some of the leading domestic and international manufacturers of industrial plastics. We are currently looking for a Project Manager/Technical Sales Representative to add to their Edmonton team.
As a representative working with a client, this role will develop quotes in the time frame required, write orders, and relay pertinent order information to the customer. This person will be entrepreneurial in nature and considers themselves to be a self-starter, have a dynamic personality, a positive attitude and a high level of determination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations directly from customers.
- Develop and maintains rapport with customers and work to give them the best possible service.
- Retrieve customer information, stock status information, the status of orders, and make changes to customer orders.
- Follow up with clients and relay delivery times by working with operations and the shipping department.
- Daily outbound calls to solicit new business with new or existing customers
- Work with Credit to determine the credit status of customers.
- Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, delivery changes, partial shipments, and returns.
- Prepares paperwork (original purchase order, copies of the invoice, and returned goods documentations) to be given to the accounting department for credits or debits to be issued.
- Work closely with Outside Sales Representative to develop new accounts.
- Take a pro-active approach in calling customers to solicit new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in sales/marketing or an acceptable combination of education and experience would be viewed as an asset
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Exceptional written, verbal and listening communication skills are a must
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work as a team member
- Related industry experience would an asset
- Excellent problem solving skills and results oriented
- High level of professionalism
- Reliable, accountable and dependent
We are offering competitive base salary, company bonus plan, commissions, full benefits and the opportunity for advancement. This position will require a dynamic thinker, someone that thrives under pressure and wants to offer world class customer service. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.