Senior Technician – IT Administrator & Security Technician
Our client is an industry leader within the access control, CCTV, intercom, ULC monitoring and fire detection systems since 2004. Due to the growth within the company, we are currently looking for an Install/Programming Specialist that will take the lead on major projects specific to IT, Access Control, CCTV, Fire Alarm Monitoring, and Intrusion Detection. Directly reporting to the department manager & President, the incumbent will maintain existing key accounts, identify new opportunities, and deliver on exceptional customer service, oversee large projects, and manage the existing IT infrastructure at the organization.
- Install, integrate, test and service quality integrated security systems, including CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, and other progressive technologies.
- Work closely with other technicians, and contractors to ensure successful completion of project.
- Read and interpret diagrams, specifications, and schematics applicable to assigned activity.
- Support junior technicians.
- Troubleshoot areas of concern during all facets of the project
- Take the lead with installations, programming and identify issues that may arise throughout the project.
- Build confidence with clients and stakeholders and enhance the organizations reputation throughout the industry.
- Consistently provide high levels of customer service.
- Installation and or servicing experience with complex security systems specific to CCTV, DVR and Access Control
- Familiarity with product lines: Avigilon ACC &ACM, Mercury Hardware and Life Safety Power Systems, Digital Watchdog Spectrum IPVMS, Senstar Symphony, Kantech Hardware and Software, CDVI Atrium and Centaur, RBH Axiom and Integra
- Telephone Entry/Intercom Systems: Mircom, Viscount, Door King, Aiphone, Linear, Select Engineered Systems, and Kantech (KTES)
- Experience with Electronic Door Hardware, Door Operators and Door Sequencing.
- Experience with Point-to-Point Wireless and Antennae Theory.
- Manufacturer Training and Certification is an asset
- Alarm Technician Certification is an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience as a field service technician.
- Strong understanding of IP systems and ability to program complex security systems.
- Preferred are those with Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or Information Technology backgrounds.
- Experience with IP networks, low voltage electronics, power, and communication.
- Ability to maintain enhanced security clearances required to work in large institutional facilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player!
Our client is looking for the best of the best and as such is offering a very competitive base salary, company vehicle, and full benefits. We are interested in seasoned professionals as well as those who have a strong desire to learn and grow with our team. If the above speaks to your skills set, please send a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.