Our client is a leading distributor of pipe, valves and fittings (PVF), as well as related products and services to the mining industry and with other plant and Industrial industries across Canada. They pride themselves on assembling a group of entrepreneurial-minded people that can create a team that is Fast, Flexible and Focused!
They are currently looking for an Account Manager to join their already impressive team. This position is a key resource to deliver responsive and committed support to the industrial, mining, and water treatment plants, and must have a growth-mindset of the Manitoba market at a profitable pace.
- Provide technical assistance and support for customers regarding technical specifications of products, and troubleshoot applications as needed
- Understand the customers’ business and determining customer requirements and expectations to recommend specific products and solutions
- Communication with their partners (customers) is key and necessary to make their partners successful, which in turn will keep you successful
- Support and promote the safety of your teammates and your working environment
- Maintain various records and files including rebate files, stock transactions, price catalogs, customer lists, product catalogs, and discounts
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionalism and confidentiality, work independently, and quickly adapt to change in a deadline driven environment
- Handle confidential information relating to product and resale costs and expense items
- Develop customer retention strategies by consistently illustrating value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer needs
- Plan-do-review process of core customer contact-including timely delivery of reports
- Development and maintenance of individual account and business plans
- Confirming specific service and product requests for customers
- Customer targeting at individual level
- Input to sales manager for territory management
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships, and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Ensures processes in support of sales initiatives are followed
- Growing market share and share of customer wallet within territory
- Meeting sales budget for territory
- Providing business/market information to Branch Manager.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Demonstrated knowledge of PVF materials and ability to understand scope of services to include pricing, supply, and contract terms
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications; Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others in one-to-one or group situations
- Willingness and ability to be on-call as needed to provide 24-hour service to customers
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside branch service area, with occasional overnight stays
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the vehicle policy.
Our client is offering competitive base salary, commission plan, profit sharing and the opportunity to advance within the company. We are looking for the best and the brightest to join their team and lead the sales for Manitoba and Northern Ontario. If the above speaks to your skill set please send resume in confidence.