An industry leader in Architecture, Master Planning and Interior Design is seeking a talented Architectural Technologist to join our growing team of professionals. You will be working with the design team to create high quality working drawings, construction documents and details, resulting in custom spaces that stand out from the rest. Our client has several projects throughout Western Canada as well as in Ontario so inter-provincial knowledge of building codes is beneficial.
The successful candidate will have worked in a related position for at least five years and have a strong working knowledge of building codes and industry standards. You are creative, collaborative, organized, and able two work side by side with multidisciplinary teams.
- Produce highly detailed design documentation for all stages of design using Sketchup, REVIT and AutoCAD (preferred).
- Produce, coordinate, and submit documents such as plans and specifications, construction details, and permit applications.
- Verify that design drawings conform to specifications and design data provided by the team.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure project success and identify specific design objectives.
- Coordinate and communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally with team, sub-consultants, and municipal authorities.
- Ensure compliance with provincial regulations, building codes and the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB).
- Research existing building documentation (plans, reports, etc.).
- Manage and coordinate construction administration documents.
- Management and maintenance of project files.
- Post-secondary diploma in Architectural Technology from a recognized Canadian institution
- 5+ years' experience as an Architectural Technologist in Alberta
- Experience in project management and contract administration
- Experience in preparing construction documents for public tender.
- Knowledge of building codes, industry standards and building structures.
- Ability to research effectively.
- Knowledge of National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB)
- Extensive knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketchup
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
We are offering competitive base salary, full benefits, company bonus plan and the opportunity to engage some of the industries best minds. We are extremely interested in individuals who would like to take ownership of their career paths and have entrepreneurial mindsets! Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.