The Branch Manager is accountable for growing the branch's sales while maintaining or bettering the overall branch profitability. The Branch Manager's operational and leadership activities include: customer sales & service, inventory management/control, administration, human resource & staff management including safety, ensure consistent application of current corporate strategy and objectives, and develop and improve the presence and reputation of the company and the branch with respect to customers and vendors.
- Assist District Sales Manager with the development of a clear organizational plan, sales/margin goals, and key performance indicators for the branch
- Direct all operational activities for business unit, including purchasing, administration, HR, safety and training
- Coordinate and execute pricing strategy for market, ensure pricing procedures and controls are in place.
- Develop clear succession plan for the branch
- Provide leadership, and resolution guidance to employees
- Networking to improve company’s reputation and presence in the market, portraying a positive, and professional image
- Assist customers with products and give recommendations from the company’s large assortment of inventory
- Follow-up on large project quotations and bids, report progress to District Sales Manager
- Ensure exemplary service to all customers and suppliers, including warranties, disputes, the Afterhours call program, returns, and vendor training sessions for customers
- The planning, budgeting and procurement of all equipment and supplies needed for the branch
- Assist in developing an effective staffing model for the business unit, with assistance from HR.
- Creation and coordination of staff schedules
- Monthly financial, statistics and reporting
- Maintain safety reporting disciplines in accordance with provincial standards, hold branch team accountable for reporting all safety and near miss incidents in order to achieve COR accreditation.
- Prepare branch monthly operating review to monitor progress against budgets, solicit feedback from Branch team on opportunities for improvement
- Maintain stock levels, communicate with vendors, deal with backorder issues
- Ensure Net Sales, and Gross Margin performance meets company expectations
- Make sure employees have current technical knowledge on products
- Valid Driver’s license
- 5 or more years with HVAC or HVAC-R experience, or Experience in Wholesale/Distribution
- 2-5 years of management experience
- Business to business or outside sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Post-Secondary Education, Degree, Diploma or Technical Designation in a related field.