Our client is an energetic and experienced general contractor that is focused on taking a new approach to construction, one that focuses on customer relationships, creative designs and transparent development. We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join their dynamic team. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations the successful candidate will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to identify new business, markets, and/or clients while ensuring profitable growth and alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
- Plan and oversee the full cycle of sales process including strategy development, opportunity pursuit, proposal communications, and project negotiation
- Obtain a deep knowledge of, and build relationships with owners, developers, architects and other decision makers in target markets
- Manage and execute sales plans and programs, both short, and long-range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company services
- Track, monitor and update marketing results so objectives are achieved within designated budgets
- Identify, develop and lead sales opportunities through industry research and provide key information for RFPs and presentations; provide comprehensive understanding of the customer needs to the business development and estimating teams
- Provide marketing expertise and partnership for preparation of bid packages, proposal development, and other marketing priorities
- A university degree, a college diploma or trade qualifications in a business or construction management related field is preferred
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience working in commercial construction services is a definite asset
- Knowledge of and experience within the construction industry in Alberta along with developed relationships and prospective contacts is a definite asset
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of web-based CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite are required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with internal staff and clients: owners, developers, architects and other decision makers
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, adhering to strict deadlines and commitments
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions/recommendations in a rapid paced, forward evolving environment.
Our client is offering a very competitive base salary, company bonus plan, full benefits and the opportunity to join an already impressive team. We are looking for the best of the best so if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to become a customer preferred supplier please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.