Our client is a construction management company that services the heavy industrial marketplace in Canada. It operates as a construction manager on selected projects for which this management structure is most competitive and practical for the specific needs of the client, or the demands of the market. We are currently looking for a District HSE Manager to join this dynamic team. This role would oversee all HSE compliance efforts on numerous projects across Western Canada as well as ensure internal controls around health and safety are effectively managed.
- Ensures compliance with all OH&S and related compliance activities, identifies and manages risk verify and monitors associated training requirements.
- Identifies best practices and leads continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
- Directs the resources and activities of the department to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the executives/senior management.
- Reviews internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Provides regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the senior management.
- Defines and sets targets.
- Determines risk management compliance and internal controls necessary to ensure operations and HSE risks are effectively managed.
- Post-Secondary diploma in OH&S or a related discipline.
- Certificate in CRSP. MANDATORY
- Ten years’ combined HSE and management experience.
- Expert knowledge of all relevant HSE legislation and compliance management statutory requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementing OH&S and other legal/regulatory requirements.
- Ability to manage people.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to form relationships with people at all levels of internal/external contacts.
We are looking for experienced individuals who can multi-task, oversee numerous large projects and manage a team of 7-10. As such, we are offering a very competitive base salary, company profit sharing, full benefits and the opportunity for advancement with an industry leader. If this speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.