With an uncompromising focus on providing the most technologically advanced medical diagnostic equipment for clinical laboratory markets, our client is a leading player in the Histology, Chemistry, and Immunology field. We are seeking a Field Service Engineer to provide service, repair, and maintenance of their product line to clients in the Vancouver Area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot test and repair field equipment with associated instrumentation.
- Manage a base of customers within an assigned territory to include telephone response and on-site technical support as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on existing field instrumentation.
- Support the installation and training of customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues to grow the existing knowledge base and share creative ideas for problem solving.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory.
- Complete reports in a timely fashion and demonstrate fiscal responsibility with expenses.
- Travel outside assigned territory to perform emergency service calls as needed.
- Troubleshoot issues over the phone while providing exceptional customer support.
Skills and Required Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Biomedical Engineering, Electronics or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relative experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational, time management skills, and require minimal supervision.
- Strong technical service skills are required with a well-developed understanding of computers and software.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice-demonstrate flexibility with work and travel hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Occasional travel through the Prairies when necessary.
This opportunity offers competitive base salary, company bonus plan, full benefits, matching RSP’s, car allowance and all the tools necessary to be effective in this role. Our client will also provide international training so that the successful candidate can flourish in the role. If the above speaks to your skill sets please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.