Our client was founded more than 150 years ago and is an American worldwide provider of industrial equipment, technologies and related parts and service to a broad and diverse customer base through a family of trusted brands.
They are currently looking for a Field Service Technician that repairs and performs assembly on both well stimulation and mud pumps on customer sites. You will be tasked with reading work instructions, routers and assemble finished and machined parts for installation onto the final product. This position will require frequent travel for domestic and international customers.
- Works without supervision and follows all company standards and procedures to troubleshoot, and reassemble pumps.
- Uses knowledge gained through significant on the job experience to assess and recommend solutions for pumps not performing to specification.
- Reads work instructions disassemble, trouble shoot, repair and reassemble parts into a subassembly or major assembly for installation onto the final product.
- Check alignments, clearances, bore size, welds, threads or damaged holes to determine what further work is needed.
- Examines frame, fluid ends, power ends and all components to note customer damage recommendations.
- Where applicable, must be able to perform NDT test per GD’s work instructions
- Hand finishes surfaces, using burr tools and abrasive cloth to make corrections and adjust bore sizes or clearances.
- Uses various grinding tools to grind and polish surfaces back to a useable condition.
- Visually checks entire pump and fluid end and all components to assure that all damage to the product has been corrected and is complete prior to return to the customer.
- Uses electric tools, hammers and chisels and operates grinder to remove sharp edges from material.
- Uses measuring devices such as mics, calipers and indicators to check and verify dimensions.
- Operates torch to flame cut materials, under general direction.
- Checks work to engineering drawings and requirements.
- Operates saws to cut materials to prescribed dimensions.
- Checks and inspects work to assure conformance to prescribed tolerances and standards, using precision measuring instruments.
- Serves as “expert” resource with full knowledge regarding repair procedures and functions. May train new employees and mentors coworkers; shares knowledge gained through experience.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedures.
- Regular attendance and compliance with all Company policies and rules is an essential function for the job.
- Overtime, including potential for weekend shifts may be required.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- On-site industrial forklift training and certification may be required within orientation & training period.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience repairing and maintaining heavy industrial equipment. (preferably pumps) where duties similar to those in this job were performed.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of procedures for cleaning and correcting defects in weldments.
- Demonstrated ability to safely and properly use forklifts, jib cranes, hoists, and overhead cranes to move and position materials.
- Ability to correctly and accurately read and interpret blueprints and associated work instructions/specifications in order to perform repairs and inspect parts.
- Must be able to travel at any time to perform service for both domestic and international customers.
We are offering competitive base salary, overtime, company vehicle and full benefits. If the above speaks to your skill sets please send a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org