Wesbell Communications is a privately held telecommunications company who offer a wide array of products and services on both the civil and technical sides of the business. We provide engineering solutions, design/build options as well as invest recovery for our clients nationally. This position is directly responsible for overseeing and performing all tasks required to fully civilly construct wireless equipment on rooftop and tower environments.
- Assemble or erect communication towers using construction or rigging equipment
- Climb communications towers to install, replace or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio waves
- Complete reports related to project status, installation, quality, progress, or other work details using computer software.
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors or tower mounted amplifiers (TMA’s)
- Install, connect, or test underground or aboveground grounding systems
- Perform maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment using hand or power tools
- Take site survey photos of work performed using digital cameras
- Test operation of tower transmission components using sweep testing tools or software transport equipment to work sites using utility trucks and equipment trailers
- Ensure proper inspections and personal safety for self and crew.
- Perform general ground procedures, such as assembly of Microwave Dishes and steel structure assembly.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- College, CEGEP, vocational or technical training preferred
- Minimum 3 years wireless experience
- ANRITSU SITE MASTER Vendor Training-2 years with ANRITSU product/equipment/technology is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working at heights or in confined space
- Proficient with tower erection, antenna, dish, RF transmission line, copper and fiber systems is an asset.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineered drawings
- Basic knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools
- Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of wireless communication systems
- Strong understanding of industry standard installation guidelines,
- Practical ability and common sense
- May be required to travel and work weekends, nights if required by customer
- Manual dexterity is required and mechanical aptitude an asset
- Have a basic understanding of electricity and electrical safety
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- May require use of personal vehicle
- General housekeeping is a must
- Fluent in English written and oral
- Must possess effective supervisory skills and competently direct co-workers
We are offering competitive wages, per diems for in town and out of town work, full benefits, and an opportunity to join a national leader within the telecommunications industry. We can provide career advancement opportunities and are always looking to provide training in the field. If you are interested, please send resume in confidence to email@example.com