We are seeking an experienced Industrial Estimator for our client reporting directly to the Construction Manager. The ideal candidate has a strong background in estimating concrete and general contracting solutions for commercial high rise buildings and has highly attuned communication skills that can represent our client well at a corporate level when dealing with owners, developers, architect’s and clients.
- Supervise, lead & mentor a team of two or more Estimators, this includes conducting performance reviews, mapping career paths and determining the professional development and training requirements of the team
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses in others, working with those people to achieve project and individual success
- Manage the whole bidding process from time of plan receipt to proposal submission to the owner
- Review proposed project logistics especially crane locations to ensure optimal coverage of the site including anticipation of issues for dismantling
- Establish schedule durations for our scope of work to determine appropriate general conditions
- Analyze and review concrete durations within the project master schedule to ensure realistic timing for completion of our scope which is always on critical path
- First point of contact in the company for almost all clients to answer their inquiries about bid and negotiating pricing
- Review client contracts before signing to determine if the conditions of the contract are per the bid submitted as well as making sure that the contract does not include any conditions that might be detrimental to the company during or after the execution of work.
- 10 + years of progressive estimating experience required in commercial, residential and mixed use high rise building construction preferred
- Experience with budgets from $10-100 million.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, communication and people skills
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Highly flexible with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively and independently in a diverse busy working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
Our client is offering a very competitive base salary, full benefits, company profit sharing and opportunity to grow within an industry leader. We are looking for the best of the best and are offering a rewarding and challenging environment that will allow you to continuously develop your skill sets.