The Inside Sales role is one of support. The successful candidate would work with our team to provide a high level of support for our established customer base and work to develop new relationships for additional business growth. In addition, you will build both organic and inorganic Sales & Margin in the relative market areas. In order to be highly effective, you must develop internal relationships with excellent communication in order to maximize the team’s effectiveness and your territory growth.
Major Job responsibilities:
- Provide support with technical information and quotations for the Commercial/Industrial and Residential contractor segment. Also providing support to the rest of the sales team for the same.
- Build solid relationships through consistent reliable support the contractor needs in these areas with product solutions that our client can provide.
- Continue to build and grow the business to new levels using the basket of Vendors and Services.
- Work closely with the PC and teammates to ensure compliance in all aspect of the PCM’s requirements for the business.
- Previous Sales experience with Wholesale Distribution Sales in the AB market, would be an asset
- Technical experience or interest in learning technical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong consumer and customer relationship background
- Ability to inspire/enlist others to create strong business relationship ties
- Solid time and priority management skillset
- Skilled in use of negotiation principles
- Ability to switch easily between rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills (Windows , Microsoft Office)
- Support the Sales Team and Department Supervisor with Sales support including telephone inquiries, in house customer needs, and quotations.
- Uncover opportunities and provide pricing and services as an option to win orders.
- Prospect and identify new customers and alert the PCM and Credit team of viable prospects.
- Process orders, quotes, job packages, and any other sales functions required.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues; address short payments and returns in a timely fashion that exceeds the customers’ expectations and benefits of the Profit Centre.
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the Profit Centre.
- Uphold the company’s Core Values at all times.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by immediate supervisor or Profit Centre Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Driven to continually identify and pursue improvements that lead to profitably increase market share of our customers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product and value added service or above average learning strengths.
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors and teammates
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining tight deadlines with multiple projects
- High energy with strong communication skills
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system (Trend) used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills – add, subtract, multiply, divide, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Willing to invest a minimum of 40 hours in training annually
- Able to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Read, write, speak and understand English
Education and Experience
- Previous Industry experience an asset
- Knowledge of products sold at the Profit Centre
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with customer service
- Valid driver’s license with a good Drivers abstract
- Use of basic hand and power tools.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join this already impressive team! We are offering a competitive base salary, benefits, profit sharing and the ability to join an industry leader. Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.