This position is responsible for managing several major Canadian customers and for achieving our client’s growth objectives by researching and developing existing marketing opportunities while exploring new areas of business growth and assist in orchestrating plans to ensure a sufficient flow of new business and profit.
This position is also responsible for enhancing our client’s profile and position in the growing and competitive Canadian market and expanding the region’s business and contributing directly to the increased profitability of the corporation.
- Identifying and assessing opportunities for existing and new client requirements; defining market, competitors’ share, strengths, and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted company share; conducting interviews with clients and potential clients; and developing resources that will direct contract opportunities to the company.
- Realizing opportunities by planning, orchestrating, preparing, and conducting effective presentations, and by closing deals.
- Improving service marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- Establishing account plans by developing strategies, objectives, action plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Sustaining rapport with prospects and clients by managing a consistently current database, making periodic contact (largely in person), exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Achieving financial objectives by preparing and managing quarterly forecasts and assisting with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Preparing proposals and presentations.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by facilitating internal communication and orchestrating a company business model that over services all customers
- Acting as the company escalation point and corrective action focal point for all quality, safety, productivity, and milestone service delivery SLA issues
- A minimum of three years of sales / business development experience within the telecommunication industry in Canada.
- Network Operational or Engineering background combined with Sales-related experience is preferred.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Exceptionally well organized fully computer literate, creative and thrives on challenges.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strength in developing, nurturing, and sustaining client relationships and ability to determine priorities and consistently deliver results.
- Ability to work independently.
- Account management experience and proven success as measured by customer satisfaction.
- Must possess an aptitude for learning.
- Must be an ambitious and energetic telecom industry professional that is passionate about building a market.
- Must be competitive and entrepreneurial
- Must be knowledgeable about the business of engineering, building, and operating networks and running large complex technical service projects
- Must be well-connected within the ranks of decision-makers responsible for network implementations and expansions.
The successful candidate will have experience cultivating relationships and comfortable in a multi-call environment. This role is extremely important and will be responsible for significant growth in Western Canada. We are offering a very competitive base salary, commissions, car allowance and full benefits. If the above job description speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.