Our client is an industry leader within the rental equipment segment specific to power generation, HVAC systems and oil free air compressed units. We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and dependable Key Account Manager – Industrial in the Fort McMurray, Alberta area. This candidate will be responsible for providing equipment rental and service solutions to key oil sands customers (Site Direct, Electrical/Mechanical Contractors, General Contractors, Site Service Providers) by developing current and potential customer relationships to obtain or surpass the yearly revenue budgets in line with company procedures and targets. Responsibilities include developing and executing an annual territory sales plan, account management, cold calling, presentation development and delivery, collaborating with operations teams to ensure customer needs and collections are met.
- Develop, refine and expand upon the portfolio of existing oil sands clientele in the Fort McMurray market.
- Promote and solicit new, diverse, on-going business by calling on regular and prospective customers throughout assigned territory to solicit orders and close sales; may also require compilation of lists of prospective customers from various sources to use as sales leads.
- Develop and achieve applicable Annual Territory Sales Plan which sets revenue, profitability and market growth targets
- Quote prices, contract terms, estimated delivery date, and credit terms to customers by using established process
- Display solutions based sales savvy but truly understanding client needs and providing custom fit packages highlighting value and ROI
- Prepare reports of business transactions and expense accounts within specified time frame
- Coordinate with appropriate Rental Center functions to prepare sales contracts, other documentation and/or collection for orders and projects
- Coordinate customer and project specs with internal operational personnel to ensure that the objective of the project is accomplished in accordance with the customer’s schedule and needs
- Maintain accurate reports and database records of customer contacts/activities and transactions
- Prepare accurate and current progress reports to management on the status of all pending opportunities and critical customer-related activities
- Provide technical sales assistance for power and temperature applications using job related manuals
- Achieve ‘step changes’ in business results
- Embrace and promote safety culture.
- A proven track record showcasing strong major/key/national account relationships and revenue growth
- Experience assisting and developing contract and master service agreements
- Project management experience with an aptitude for creating and delivering professional technical proposals and RFQs
- Must have Oil Sands Industry experience working with oil sands business units, general contractors, site services, electrical contractors or mechanical contractors
- Must have experience working with temporary power and/or temperature control solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience or an equivalent education and experience combination
- PC literacy in a Microsoft environment
- Proficiency with customer relations systems to track all sales contacts, meetings, opportunities, proposals and orders
- 5-7 years of previous direct business to business sales experience, preferably in the Oil sands market
Our client is offering competitive base salary, quarterly bonus plan, Northern Living Allowance, Full benefits and a company truck. We are looking for the best of the best to join an already highly functional team. If the above job description speaks to your skill sets please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.