Our client is a locally owned and operated specialty glazing company focused on commercial, industrial and retrofit projects throughout Alberta. There is an immediate need for a Lead Estimator to join their team and oversee all aspects related to project take-offs, scope of work, materials, and procurement. Reporting directly to the General Manager the successful incumbent will strategize with senior leadership and be responsible for quoting and coordinating small and large construction projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review proposal specifications and preliminary drawings to determine scope of work and determine the quantity of materials and labor required for the project (takeoff process) and any other factors that may impact overall cost.
- Complete full quantity take-off of all labor, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
- Solicit pricing from glass providers, vendors and suppliers for equipment and materials costs, to ascertain the lowest price.
- Calculate man hours required for all associated work with the project; determine required shipping/truckloads and freight price.
- Budgets equipment/material/labor costs for projects
- Compare bid drawings to construction drawings to price out any changes.
- Recalculate estimates in response to any client/architectural specification changes, as required.
- Implement estimating best practice and procedures to ensure consistency in estimating deliverables to projects.
- Review FTP sites, other plan rooms for appropriate tender requests
- Post-Secondary diploma in Construction/Architectural Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Architectural Glazing industry and experience estimating/coordinating small- and large-scale construction projects.
- Experience with complex estimating concepts, practices and procedures including conceptual estimating, cost analysis, mathematical skills, and project design scopes.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid procedures.
- Knowledge of Cost Estimating principles
- Knowledge of architectural fabrication
- Able to read drawings and models.
- Attention to detail and good time management are mandatory traits.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial work environment.
- Detail Oriented – thorough in all details
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, strong analytical critical and creative thinking skills, self-motivated and results driven.
- Experience with unitized curtain wall systems
We are offering a competitive base salary, discretionary bonus plan, benefit package and opportunity for growth. Please send resume in confidence to email@example.com if the above speaks to your skill set.