We are excited to partner with Nu-Edge Rail LTD, a subsidiary of Nu-Edge Construction, to help identify their next Manager, Rail Services based in Camrose, AB. Directly reporting to the General Manager, you will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations and implement a growth strategy focused on client relationships and safety. Nu-Edge Construction is an Alberta based privately owned heavy civil contractor which specializes in Industrial Site Development.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff performance to ensure goals and objectives are achieved within budgetary constraints.
- Responsible for performance management of employee and labor relations issues, including training and development, corrective actions, work improvement plans, disciplinary action, investigations, hearings, and counseling sessions.
- Maintain accountability for employee safety performance.
- Manage the daily operation of rail maintenance.
- Oversee all aspects of operations including workforce planning, performance, and accountability.
- Organize, develop, and communicate schedules and goals to crew members.
- Manage emergency events, inclement weather events, special events, and service disruptions.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, communication and monitoring of Rail maintenance policies, plans, rules, procedures, instructions, and business processes in support of the goals.
- Oversee the annual review of plans, rules, procedures, and instructions to ensure compliance with all applicable, federal, state, local, regulations and policies.
- Develop and implement operational plans for rail maintenance projects, civil and tactical emergencies, and other situations affecting rail operations.
- Coordinate with police, fire, city, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Supervise and provide direction to staff during the investigation of accidents and/or emergency events to minimize recurrence.
- Determine outcome of rule violations and training referrals.
- Prepare written briefs, incident reports, correspondence, procedures, and instructions.
- Serve as an Incident Lead when required.
- Supervise the analysis of rail operations and monitor system performance to identify and resolve problems while ensuring efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Interact with various departments and outside agencies to deliver safe and dependable service.
- Oversee rail service for seasonal and special events including the development of staffing and equipment requirements based on statistical analysis.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings and process improvement teams as required.
- Complete track inspections for clients
- Assist and complete bid opportunities for various clients as they arise.
- Maintain excellent client relations.
- 5+ years Railway experience is preferred.
- Valid certification in CROR is an asset.
- Canadian Railway Operating Rules certification is considered an asset.
- Prior experience working within a railway company is a definite asset.
- Training in railway “Track Inspection Guidelines” or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Use computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting.
- Safe use of hand and power tools.
- Excellent vision and hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead a team and motivate workers.
- Exercise sound judgment and give clear direction.
- Work effectively in a team environment as a contributing team player.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
Nu-Edge Rail LTD is in growth mode, and as such, we are looking for an individual that wants the autonomy to oversee all aspects of an operation while maintaining the company’s safety standards. We are offering a very competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, full benefits, company truck and paid vacation. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org