Our client is an energetic and experienced general contractor that is focused on taking a new approach to construction, one that focuses on customer relationships, creative designs and transparent development. We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join their dynamic team. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations the successful candidate will be LEED certified and take pride in delivering exceptional service to clients.
- Complete oversight for successful execution of assigned projects to meet corporate goals for: safety, quality, budget and schedule, in accordance with our core values.
- Manage projects while leading team activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, with quality workmanship.
- Build and maintain client, supplier/vendor and partner relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote effective customer relationships.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, financial objectives, and procedures for accomplishing work, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources during various phases of the project.
- Coordinate information and activities among estimating, financial and construction as well as sub-contractors, vendors, governmental personnel and project superintendent, ensuring proper communication flow, utilizing project meetings, correspondence, and documentation as necessary.
- A university degree, a college diploma or trade qualifications with a concentration in the construction disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years’ of direct work experience working in commercial construction, including 3-5 years’ of project management experience is required
- Experience with the documentation and requirements for LEED certified projects (silver or higher) is essential.
- Project Management Certificate or designation is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related commercial/industrial building codes.
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of web-based software and Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- Experience using Viewpoint software is an asset. Microsoft Office and Bluebeam experience is required.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with internal staff, sub-contractors and clients.
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, adhering to strict deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations in a rapid paced, forward evolving environment.
If you’re interested in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing work and an emphasis on personal development, our client might be the best fit for you. Everyone in their organization climbed through from the ground floor, building the future they wanted with a company that not only supports but encourages personal growth. They invest in the education, training and evolution of their employees, giving them the tools to create the level of success they desire. They are very competitive with both wages and benefits. If the above speaks to your skillset and you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org