Our client is an industry leader within the telecommunications segment providing engineering and design services for major projects throughout Canada. We have an immediate need for a Project Manager to join the Operations team in Calgary. The successful incumbent will coordinate all aspects of projects, from initiation, planning, control, execution, and closeout. This position is responsible for encompassing all relevant setting of deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring, and summarizing progress, defining, and policing reporting methods, and effectively communicating project status to internal and external stakeholders as well as upper management. We are looking for individuals who have a wide degree of creativity and flexibility with the ability to maintain the corporately defined project process. Within this role, there is an emphasis on the tracking of costs and revenues. The goal of which is project profitability, resource management, and customer satisfaction.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee all project-related work.
- Maintain ownership and accountability for the delivery of their assigned projects.
- Drive schedule and resources to maintain mutually agreed upon timeline and budget with Sales and Field Operations.
- Ensure necessary documentation is distributed to all team members from Sales to the technician in the field.
- This documentation will be specific to the role the team member plays in your project.
- Sales Representatives need to know what we are doing for their respective clients and any issues that need to be escalated to the client executive (ranging from communication to billing issues).
- Technicians will need to have design specs, material lists, site instructions, and reporting tools.
- The executive needs to be made aware of the profitability of projects as well as any issues that impact your projects requiring their attention from a scheduling and/or financial perspective.
- When a project is initiated that will run for several months and have consistent materials requirement that will require stock levels to be maintained it is the responsibility of the PM to quantify this with the SMEs involved, determine the cost and the quantities to be maintained.
- Responsible for all Project Management task as they pertain to the following areas:
Job Requirements & Experience
- Project Management Certification
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience
- Telecom experience required
- Experience dealing with a large customer base
- Interfacing with all levels of management both internally and externally
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting required
- Building and managing effective teams
We are offering a very competitive base salary, company benefits, vehicle allowance and the ability to grow within an industry leader. We are looking for the right candidate who can be agile and resilient in a very fast paced environment. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.