Our client is an industry leader in the Distribution/Wholesales segment specific to the Waterworks segment. We are looking at adding a talented purchaser/inventory controller to an already impressive team. The Buyer/Inventory controller is responsible for procuring material for resale and for managing the entire inventory at the Branch level. He/she maintains the inventory controls in the computer system and maintains and updates them as required. He/she negotiates with vendors to obtain the best pricing, delivery and terms of purchase to ensure optimal order fill rates and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Analyze product on hand and projected sales.
- Create vendor purchase orders to maintain product mix, optimize material in the Branch and satisfy projected sales.
- Monitor vendor shipments and receipts to ensure material arrives within the prescribed parameters established; expedites customer orders when required.
- Meets or exceeds the Branches targets for fill rate and stale inventory.
- Research and resolve inventory discrepancies which may include physically locating the product.
- Perform system product file maintenance for the Branch and work with National Support when required for updates and changes.
- Negotiate vendor returns, special buys and local rebate programs.
- Maintain market intelligence and report pricing level changes, market conditions and changes that may impact inventory levels.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary education
- Knowledge of products sold at the Profit Center preferred
- Purchasing or inventory control experience preferred.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity.
- Able to analyze sales and inventory data, understand market trends to make the best purchasing decisions.
- Possess negotiation skills
- High energy with strong communication skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors and teammates
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system (Trend, Infor M3), used to process orders
- Intermediate math skills – add, subtract, multiply divide, using whole numbers, fractions and decimal.
- Willing to invest a minimum of 60 hours of training annually
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Read, write, speak and understand English
We are offering competitive base salary, profit sharing, full benefits and the ability to advance internally as well as nationally. The current team is dynamic and as such we are looming for the best of best; if the above speaks to your skill set please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.