Reporting to the Pricing and Marketing Manager, the Purchasing Agent is responsible for purchasing products from our vendor partners and managing all inter-branch product transfers. We are looking for an individual to oversee vendor relationships, create pricing guidelines and manage daily purchasing needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring inventory and writing orders to refill stock.
- Liaising with delivery and warehouse teams to ensure goods are received on time.
- Inspecting purchased products upon delivery and reporting any issues in a timely manner.
- Identify damaged or defective goods and work out solutions with the vendor.
- Keep detailed records and prepare necessary reports.
- Creating reports on purchases made and performing cost analyses.
- Maintain professional relationships with all key suppliers.
- Develop purchasing strategies and identify buying trends to keep the business profitable.
- Maintain knowledge on building materials supplied and used in construction.
- Management of all inter-company branch transfers.
- Maintaining accurate system product costing.
- Obtaining costing and lead times on special order products.
- Working with the Operations Manager to obtain freight quotes and costing where necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of building products
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and superior organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Analytical and mathematical capabilities to compare prices and ordering quantities.
- Ability to evaluate market conditions and various suppliers.
- Willingness to make quick and thoughtful decisions on behalf of the business.
- Effective relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, supply chain management or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in a purchasing role
- Certification is preferred but not required.
We are offering a competitive base salary, full benefits, and a company discretionary bonus. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org