The Regional Purchasing Manager, HVAC & Builder Supply will strive to achieve “best in class” operation by leading best practices across forecasting, purchasing and inventory management for HVAC equipment and equipment used in our builder channel. This role will lead and direct the work of others and will be a positive influence on both the immediate team and others across the organization. The desired candidate will have the cross-functional skills necessary to successfully collaborate with and influence Supply Chain, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service. As a professional in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, the role will apply practices to respond to business challenges and help achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Processes and applies rigorous analyses to maintain inventory policies based on demand projections and min-/max- reorder points for specific SKUs, across the network.
- Manage the purchasing process.
- Ensure purchase orders are being placed based on demand and inventory policies.
- Makes sure purchase orders are issued, followed up, approved, received, and closed by the purchasing coordinators, in a timely manner.
- Develops and implements process improvements to Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and alignment throughout the end-to-end Supply Chain process.
- Works closely with the Builder Sales team to validate forecasts, at an equipment and vendor level.
- Manages stakeholder engagement.
- Meets with critical business stakeholders (vendors, product management, builder sales, operations, etc.) on a regular basis to support all, forecasting, inventory management and inventory availability performance activities and efforts.
- Identifies improvement opportunities within supply chain planning and leads optimization projects.
- Develops and implements consistent Supply Chain performance metrics and reporting at a daily/ weekly/ monthly cadence.
- Supports Supply Chain and Purchasing projects and initiatives geared toward establishing consistent product availability, new product introductions, product discontinuations, etc.
- Collaborates with business units to build consensus on strategic initiatives and identifies interdependencies, risks, resourcing, and timing.
- Develops and executes on the cross-functional plan including establishing governance reporting, communication, and change management for strategic initiatives.
- Monitors and reports on project progress to stakeholders.
- 5+ years Purchasing experience in a fast-paced, warehousing-, logistics-, transportations- environment.
- Strong communicator with positive mindset and high degree of business curiosity
- Strong data analytics and project management background
- Self-starter and independent performer
- Experienced at managing direct reports.
- Established and measurable success in delivering continuous improvement, implementing systems, best practices sharing, delivering of consistent brilliant customer service.
- Degree/Designation/courses from SCMP, PMAC, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt, MBA are all highly preferred.
- Proficient at using MS Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point and Word
We are looking for an entrepreneurial mindset; someone that wants to have the autonomy to make decisions as it relates to the purchasing and supply chain. We are offering a competitive base salary, matching RRSP, and full benefits. If the above speaks to your skill set, please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.