We have partnered with a locally owned and operated floor and roof truss manufacturer and are currently seeking a Senior Truss Designer to join the team in Sherwood Park. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and energetic with excellent communication and organization skills and enjoy working in a fast paced and friendly environment. Reporting directly to the General Manager the successful incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of design ensuring all building codes are met.
- Read and understand blueprints and the building codes relating to residential, commercial or farm projects.
- Design individual trusses and beam components ensuring correct loading has been applied.
- Experience and knowledge of wood trusses, building codes, floor designs and layouts.
- Produce roof and floor takeoffs, layouts, load development and truss designs using Alpine software programs.
- Generate quotes quickly, efficiently and accurately for customers.
- Communicate courteously and effectively having an exceptional customer service attitude to maintain excellent client interaction.
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
- Minimum 10 years design experience in commercial and residential truss design including Roof and Floor trusses and EWP preferred.
- Experience with floor design in Alpine software programs. (Mitek Sapphire also preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee a small team and manage teams.
- Must be well organized and able to work on several large projects at once.
- Must be a self starter that can work alone and on a team.
Our client is looking for a Senior leader and are offering a competitive base salary, company bonus program and full benefits. If the above speaks to your skill sets please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.