Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day Finance and Accounting functions including corporate financial statements, ensuring governance and reporting requirements are accurately followed and produced in a timely manner. The Senior Financial Accountant will manage all statutory, regulatory, financial & management accounting of the corporations Finance affairs and assist the team regarding commercial and financial accountability and controls.
- Lead the day to day transactional and financial accounting function.
- Monitor and manage the company’s general ledger processes, including new accounts and entries.
- Lead and facilitate the timely completion of all external audit requirements.
- Respond to queries from auditors and provide required information.
- Ensure the company Financial Statements are accurate and complete in accordance with accounting principles and standards.
- Ensuring compliance with up-to-date internal accounting and governance regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly consolidations / financial reports and other financial statements as required.
- Ensure compliance with all local statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Monitoring that the strategies, polices and plans are responsive to the operating environment.
- Supporting campaigns directed at profit and cash improvement for JV operations.
- Manage Joint Venture accounting activities.
- Assist with providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs.
- Plan and manage tax related electronic systems & databases.
- Ensure compliance with all local tax requirements and assist with tax reporting and forecasts.
- Review cost transactions and allocate according to approved budgets.
- Maintenance of general ledger accounts including updates of new cost codes and changes to existing general ledger accounts.
- Liaise with JV counterparts and client representatives on reporting requirements and information requests when required.
- Other duties as assigned from time-to-time.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce (or related)
- Postgraduate business qualifications would be an asset
- Accounting professional designation is preferred (CA, CMA, CGA 0r CPA)
- Minimum 5 years in Finance leadership position
- Experience in joint venture accounting would be considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP experience
- Understanding of accounting practices
- General business acumen and adaptability to changing operational situations
- Contract management experience
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
We are looking for an individual who wants the autonomy to oversee the day to day accounting requirements and has a in-depth understanding of accounting principles. Our client is in growth mode and therefore looking for someone driven to exceed expectations and provide guidance to improve overall processes. We are offering a competitive base salary, full benefits, matching RRP and a hybrid work environment. Please submit resume in confidence to email@example.com