Our client was established in 1975 and is an Atlantic-Canada owned and operated company. We are currently engaged in a search for a Service Branch Manager that has experience in HVAC control systems, building automation and instrumentation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Service the successful candidate will oversee the Service team and be responsible for the overall performance of the division including but not limited to the achievement of gross profit objectives. As the Service Branch Manager, you will be required to develop and manage skilled trades personnel and meet with existing and new clients to provide engineered design/quotes for upgrades and retrofits on existing and new installations. Our client prides themselves on delivering exceptional customer service which is the reason they have been recognized as a leading building controls systems integrator.
- Service sales and promotions.
- Visit clients and conduct client system audits to assess mechanical system performance issues. Once identified, provide engineered solutions, design, cost and energy saving benefits.
- Create yearly, monthly budgets and review current monthly revenue and act accordingly to ensure a profitable department.
- Manage Service personnel performance and efficiency.
- Work overtime hours to meet job demands
- Ensure reliable and smooth operation of the service calls and dispatch. (working with Service dispatcher in Branch)
- Schedule all the PM contracts (working with Service Contract Administrator in HO and Branch).
- Ensure training requirements (safety and technical) for your team are current.
- Ensure Service Contracts are implemented to new construction projects and any other customers as required.
- Ensure quotations for repairs and sales to current customers are done in a timely manner.
- Partner with the Service Contract Sales Administrator in securing sales of new contracts to help increase customer base
- Communicate with Construction department on commissioning and training at their respective sites.
- Review department timesheets weekly.
- Ensure all department paperwork is completed within timelines required.
- Provide leadership to the team in solving customer issues as well as technical support.
- Act in a professional manner when dealing with other employees, managers and customers.
- Perform performance reviews as laid out in policy & procedures manual.
- Maintain a billable work load to ensure profitability for branch.
- Ability to comfortably meet with clients and/or cold calls to promote and grow the service department.
- Manage group of employees to work effectively and efficiently as a unit.
- The ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- The Service Branch Manager must have strong leadership, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- P.Eng designation in Mechanical Engineering MANDATORY.
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, write reports.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers when required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (Excel, Word & Access) as well as the ability to use company mandated contractual templates.
- The ability to solve practical problems as they relate to the Automated Control and HVAC industry.
- Candidates should have 5 to 10 years of experience in a service supervisor role.
- Strong background in HVAC service administration is beneficial.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess or be able to possess a Canadian passport
We are looking for the best of the best for this exciting role. Our client is offering competitive base salary, profit sharing, full benefits and company pension plan. Relocation will also be provided for candidates from out of province looking to get back to the East Coast. If the above speaks to your skill set please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.