Wesbell is seeking a Structural Engineer who will be responsible for design, analysis, technical support for telecommunication towers including guyed towers, self-support towers, monopoles, foundations, rooftops, and other structural steel and concrete projects as needed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design and analysis of new monopole, lattice guyed and self-supporting telecommunication towers.
- Design of tower foundations (Caissons, spread footings, Mat foundations, Piles, Rock anchors, etc.)
- Analysis of existing towers & foundations, and providing reinforcing solutions and Structural Analysis reports
- Design of new rooftop antenna supporting structures including roof penetration mounts, ballast mounts, wall mounts, and cabinet chairs/platforms, etc.
- Analysis and reinforcing of existing rooftop structures.
- Detail design of bolted and welded steel connections
- Review and stamp of structure installation drawings and steel fabrication drawings
- Site audit, survey, inspection and preparation of in-progress reports and close-out construction report
- Assisting in building and upgrading structural design library and product catalogue
- Other duties and tasks as appropriate to the needs of the business
EDUCATION (THEORETICAL TRAINING)
- Bachelor’s degree in structural or civil engineering from a recognized university
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in good standing of PEO (Ontario) is required and eligible to register in other Canadian engineering associations.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in USA is considered an asset.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years structural design experience in the telecommunication tower industry
- Advanced working experience in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Experience with TsTower, TsFoundation, GuyMast, SAP, Staad Pro, Mathcad or comparable analysis software
- Familiarity of all applicable design standards and the latest codes (OBC, NBC, CSA S37, CSA S16, CSA A23.3 and TIA-222 etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of steel shop fabrication processes an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take ownership, handle simultaneous tasks and meet short deadlines.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and team player
- Communicate professionally, effectively, and clearly both verbally and in writing (English essential)
- Must have a valid driver license and clean driver abstract.