Our client is a Canadian family-owned business that has been providing top-quality building products and solutions to the residential, commercial, industrial, and agriculture markets since 1976. We are currently looking to add to their dynamic team by hiring a new Technical Sales Representative to help continue to provide their customers with exceptional service.
This position will report directly to the Western Canadian Sales Manager. The technical sales representative is responsible for contacting architects and general contractors and promoting our client’s products so that they can be specified and used in construction projects all over Western Canada. The technical sales representative is responsible for sales of all company manufactured products. They are also responsible for giving technical assistance to architects, general contractors and other company sales people when questions arise, or documentation is required.
- Work directly with architects, home builders and commercial builders to have products specified.
- Conduct training sessions for architects, home builders, commercial builders and building inspectors.
- Promote products through select industry trade shows locally and nationally.
- Work with REED program to gain access to information about potential jobs that we can have our products specified
- Manage all Contractor Accounts, Field technical calls and training related to your product lines.
- Maintain Architect Binder Coordinate training for our customers and Sales Reps.
- Manage an assigned geographic sales area to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives by accurately forecasting annual revenue streams, developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all the company’s products, direct professional account management activities, coordinate proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales, produce estimates and job costing, indirect sales to homebuilders and developers and occasional training in the field (construction sites).
- Establish and manage effective programs and seminars to address the following issues: new account sales and growth to base through sales force, improved seminar presentations, proper use and level of sales support, business/financial issues on contracts and perform sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts through the head of sales.
- Booking and scheduling all Trade Shows related to manufactured products.
- Manage all product opportunities inside of a CRM.
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical sales in the building supply sector
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- A proven sales track record
- Ability to manage a sales territory
- Excellent customer service and the ability to create professional relationships
- Experience working with REED program
- Valid Driver’s License
We are looking for a seasoned sales rep that wants to build on an already impressive book of business. As such we are offering a very competitive base salary and large sales incentives. The usual car allowance, benefits and cell phone are included as well. If you are excited about this opportunity, please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.