Are you technically inclined, a great communicator and have excellent customer service skills? This could be an exciting opportunity for you! Our client is an industry leader in the Telecom Service sector and they are currently hiring. Our client is seeking potential subcontractors to provide telecommunications services to their customers in the lower mainland and to add to their Install and Repair technician team as soon as possible. They are an equal opportunity employer and they are a thriving telecom service provider that is expanding. If you are experienced in this field or looking for a career change, consider the advantages of working in an industry that is not closely connected to the gas and oil industry, they are still hiring in a slow economy!
Our next training course will begin on January 2nd and consists of 4 weeks in-class instruction followed with 1-week ride along with an experienced technician. They cover the fee for the training in exchange for a one-year commitment to their company. Excellent instruction in Edmonton's best “hands-on” facility is designed to equip you with all the “tools” you need to succeed as a telecom technician. For your information, look at the academic requirements, tuition and amount of course time for a similar program at NAIT, Edmonton.
Training will majorly equip you with knowledge of:
Installation and repair of data and telecommunications cabling and equipment
- Business/Residential Installations and Repair
- FLHA and WHMIS (Workplace hazardous materials information system)
- Ladder Safety, Fall Protection and Ground Disturbance
- Meeting with customers on a daily basis to diagnose an issue
- Install of fibre optic cabling and knowledge of InR, GPON, ADSL and POTS.
Our Client has a contractor-based workforce servicing Telus and Ledcor. We would be looking to hire you as a contractor, not an employee.
- Company registration and setup
- Driver’s license with good abstract
- White van or truck with ladder rack bolted on
- Vehicle expenses incl. maintenance, gas, vehicle and insurance
- WCB Insurance coverage and commercial liability insurance
- Purchase of required tools
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to strive for excellence in customer service
- No previous technician experience necessary
- Permanent Canadian Residence status
- *Due to the cost of training, we will expect a one-year commitment with our company or repayment of training costs.
If you can afford to invest in your future with 5 weeks training (not paid but there are no tuition fees*) AND you accept the Contractor requirements outlined above, please reply with your updated resume including references to email@example.com You will be contacted shortly thereafter regarding an interview.