Our client is an industry leader within the distribution/wholesale segment specific to waterworks products. We are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager to oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations.
As the Warehouse Manager, you will ensure that all warehouse operations are conducted in a safe, secure, and efficient manner in compliance will all local Health and Safety regulations and company policies. You will be the primary point of contact between the Profit Centre sales and operations team and the warehouse team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and train the warehouse team to ensure safe and efficient operation of all warehouse functions.
- Ensure all material is received and stored in a safe and economical manner while ensuring all proper paperwork is completed.
- Supervise the proper routing, loading and preparation of orders for shipment, delivery and pick up in accordance with customer instructions.
- Review and maintain proper driver’s abstracts for drivers and forklift certifications for all forklift operators.
- Supervise and schedule the maintenance of all delivery vehicles and material handling equipment in use in the warehouse.
- Recommend purchases of new warehouse equipment, ensuring all safety regulations are met.
- Safeguard and maintain assets – buildings, fleet, inventory, equipment, and receivables.
- Understand and follow all safety regulations at all customer locations as well as at the branch.
- Resolve all delivery complaints and receiving disputes quickly and efficiently.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with warehouse management and supervising a team
- A minimum of 2 years of material handling experience
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment used within the Profit Centre Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Possess a strong work ethic and high standard of integrity.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to develop comprehensive knowledge of products sold at the branch.
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders.
- Intermediate math skills.
This is a unique opportunity to join an industry leading team! If you are looking for a career that allows you to grow personally and professionally and want to oversee all aspects of the warehouse operation, then please send resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org