With more than 40 years of business success, our client is now positioning itself for the future. They are a small, “boutique sized”, company that is flexible and entrepreneurial; offers a fun, friendly, positive work environment where work-life balance is a reality, not a slogan. As a leader in the commercial furniture, movable walls, and window coverings industry, our client puts the customer at the heart of everything they do. We are looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for all the financial reporting and controls of the organization. The incumbent assists the COO in interpreting financial results, help develop appropriate plans to improve overall financial capability and to exploit operational opportunities to enhance profits.
- Responsible for the integrity of the company’s financial statements; produce timely, accurate financial statements and other financial reports; initiate & direct appropriate controls within the company for inventory, accounting and processes, accurate cutoffs and timely account reconciliation.
- Support business decision making with financial perspective and analysis; any potential acquisition analysis, due diligence and integration; financial impact analysis of significant business events; operating cost management; gross margin management.
Planning & Control
- Development of credible annual budgets and monthly forecasts; capital planning and expenditure analysis and control; full cash flow planning and analysis.
- Ensure proper controls over book, physical and perpetual inventories.
- Create an environment of financial stewardship among the senior management team by assisting and directing in the production and interpretation of relevant and accurate financial reports.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement through data gathering, meaningful analysis, business impact explanation and implementation recommendations to the company’s Executive.
Credit and Collections:
- Oversight of processes and internal controls to ensure proper accounting and minimization of DSO’s, bad debt and aging.
- Control DPO, cash flow and timely, accurate payments of all payables.
IT & ERP
- Actively evaluate our operating systems; participate in and support any evaluations and subsequent implementation of new systems and/or changes to existing systems.
- Be responsible for all IT related issues, including all computers, printers, servers, copiers etc. and own all the resulting supplier relationships for these vendors.
- Be an integral support and internal expert on the Khameleon System, helping drive efficiency, productivity and improved usage and outcomes.
- Post secondary university degree (Commerce/Business) with a major in Accounting required Accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience at progressive levels of responsibility in an accounting/finance environment.
- Ability to understand and learn all functional areas of the business.
- Ability to read and evaluate contracts through the approval process.
- Ability to enhance complex, computerized business systems.
- Inventory accounting, control and process flow design experience.
- Excellent project/time management and organizational skills with detail-orientation and strong administrative follow-through.
- Proficient at developing credible budgets and business plans, and at using them as management tools.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support for conducting strategic, tactical financial modeling, planning, and business analysis of consolidated division performance results.
- Effective as a member of a cross-functional management and executive team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-directed and creative
- Assertive; will seek opportunities to influence decision making; comfortable expressing opinions.
- Strong coaching, mentoring, and leadership competencies.
- Excellent understanding of accounting systems to enable quick identification of problems and solutions.
- PC proficiency, including spreadsheet analysis and related software programs with Windows-based productivity tools in a web-based environment.
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and set priorities.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual and are offering competitive base salary, excellent benefit package and opportunity to be a part of the senior leadership team. If the above speaks to your skill set please send resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.